Monday, June 4, 2012

sanctum sanctoram


I rewind to bring it at naught,when the first brick must have been laid,
to lay beautiful foundation of 'This place'.

It must have taken years of toil,
and heartfelt perseverance,
It must have taken a bundle of scarifices,
and a fist of pure emotions.

And since then it stands strong,
narrating a life of happy stories,
and calculating ages of beautiful memories.

'This place' that connects me to genrations behind me,
and marks my existence.
'This place' that is so blessed with echoes of 'Jai Sita Ram'
and dances to the tunes of Amritvani.

Today,I am overwhelmed realising the basic instinct of being so deeply attached to 'This place',
'This Place' that belongs to My world.
My world,My set of people,
blossoming in different directions,
but rooted to 'This Place'

And we all come back here,
to find best of our times,
to feel best of our beliefs.

Those hands that have nurtured'This Place'
must be on our heads,blessing us ever,
Those eyes that have safegaurded'This Place'
must be looking at us,giving us an unseen support.

This Place,This City,
Our'Pili-Kothi
'For Me,For Us,
Its precisely and distinctively,
A Sanctum-Sanctoram !

No comments:

Post a Comment